Lt. Col. Kimberly Barr is the Commander, 318th Recruiting Squadron, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. As the commander, she leads a highly skilled team of 79 recruiters and support personnel tasked with inspiring, engaging and recruiting health professions and line officers from a 1.2 million square mile area of responsibility encompassing 21 Northeastern states, the District of Columbia and Europe. The 318th RCS is responsible for the accession of high-quality recruits to meet Air Force officer accession requirements, meeting Air Force Health Professions and Line Officer accession requirements in the areas of physicians, dentists, nurses, biomedical services corps, rated and non-rated officers.
Lieutenant Colonel Barr earned her Bachelor’s Degree in History from Campbell University and was commissioned via Officer Training School in 2002. She has deployed to following locations: Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom as a battalion Electronic Warfare Officer; Jordan in support of Operation Inherent Resolve as the Executive Officer to the commanding general and Afghanistan in support of the Resolute Support mission as the Director of Staff for the Human Resource Management, Train Advise and Assist Division. Additionally, she has held various staff positions in two major commands.
1998 Associates Degree, Airport Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
1999 Airman Leadership School, Pope AFB, NC
2001 Bachelor of Science degree in Social Sciences, Campbell University, Buies Creek, N.C.
2003 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (Academic Honors)
2006 Distinguished Graduate, Basic Instructor Course, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2008 Principles of Instructional Systems Design, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2009 Space 200, National Security Space Institute, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2009 Master of Science degree in Leadership and Management, University of La Verne, La Verne, Calif.
2009 Top third graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 AFFOR Intermediate Staff Course, Hurlburt AFB, Fla.
2012 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2015 Space 300, NSSI, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2015 Joint Forces Staff College, National Defense University, Norfolk, Va.
2018 Air War College, by correspondence
1. October 2002 – October 2003, Space and Missile Student, 392nd Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2. October 2003 – June 2006, Missile Warning Crew Commander, Staff Instructor, and UEWR Flight Commander, 7th Space Warning Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
3. June 2006 – June 2007, Chief, Missile Warning Training, 533nd Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
4. June 2007 – September 2009, Senior Instructor, Space Operations Training 392 Training Squadron,
Vandenberg AFB Calif. (July 2007 – February 2008, Electronic Warfare Officer, Camp Liberty, Iraq)
5. September 2009 – January 2012, Executive Officer, Air Force Command and Control Integration Center, Langley AFB, Va.
6. January 2012 – January 2013, Chief, Joint Plans, Plans and Operations Division, 7th Air Force, Osan AB,
Republic of Korea
7. January 2013 – April 2016, Chief, C2 Requirements Branch and Chief, C2 Plans Branch, C2 Core Function (October 2014 – May 2015, Executive Officer, Amman, Jordan)
Team Division, Plans Programs and Requirements Directorate, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
8. April 2016 – May 2018, Test Director, Special Programs Branch Chief, Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center, Detachment 4, Peterson AFB, Colo. (October 2017- May 2018, Director of Staff, Kabul, Afghanistan)
9. May 2018 – June 2019, Chief, Requirements Process Branch, Strategic Requirements and Concepts Division, Strategic Requirements, Architectures and Analysis Directorate, Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
10. June 2019 – Present, Commander 318th Recruiting Squadron, Mechanicsburg, Pa.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with c device
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant Sept. 27, 2002
First Lieutenant Sept. 27, 2004
Captain Sept. 27, 2006
Major Oct. 1, 2012
Lieutenant Colonel July 1, 2017
(Current as of June 2019)