Major Casey R. Osborne is the commander, 367th Recruiting Squadron, Colorado Springs, Colorado. He is responsible for 10 flights and 76 personnel throughout eight states in the Western United States between Wyoming and New Mexico.
Maj. Osborne earned his commission from the United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colorado, on May 28, 2008. He has served as a Public Affairs officer at the squadron, wing, and Theater Special Operations Command levels, and has completed four deployments along with seven temporary duty assignments in Africa. Additionally, Maj. Osborne has served in multiple Information Operations roles throughout his career including as the Deputy Chief of Information Operations temporarily assigned to a Special Operations unit. Prior to his current position, he was a student at the Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama, where he was a Distinguished Graduate.
2008 Bachelor of Science, History, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2008 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2012 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Master of Arts, Political Science, American Military University, Charles Town, W. Va.
2018 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2020 Master of Military Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. May 2008 – May 2009, Student, undergraduate pilot training, Vance Air Force Base, Okla.
2. May 2009 – August 2011, Deputy Chief of Public Affairs, 92nd Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
3. August 2011 – August 2014, Information Operations Instructor, later, Flight Commander, 39th Information Operations Squadron, Hurlburt Field AFB, Fla.
4. August 2014 – May 2017, Chief of Public Affairs, 355th Fighter Wing, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
5. May 2017 – July 2019, Director of Public Affairs, Special Operations Command Africa, U.S. Army Garrison Stuttgart, Germany
6. July 2019 – June 2020, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. June 2020 – present, Commander, 367th Recruiting Squadron, Colorado Springs, Colo.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. May 2017 – July 2019, Director of Public Affairs, Special Operations Command Africa, U.S. Army Garrison Stuttgart, Germany, as a major
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star with one oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
2013 Air Force Public Affairs Company Grade Officer of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 28, 2008
First Lieutenant May 28, 2010
Captain May 28, 2012
Major January 1, 2018
(Current as of June 2020)