Lt. Col. Andrew J. Lueckenhoff is Commander, 313th Recruiting Squadron, North Syracuse, N.Y. As commander, he plans, organizes, leads and controls the recruiting activities of 10 flights and 98 people covering the state of New York and McKean County, Pennsylvania, encompassing more than 55,000 square miles. The squadron mission is to inspire, engage and recruit future Airmen and Guardians to deliver air and space power for America.
Lieutenant Colonel Lueckenhoff was commissioned in 2003 as a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy. After completing Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, he was assigned to Charleston Air Force Base, S.C. as a C-17 pilot and later to Altus AFB, Okla. as a C-17 formal training unit (FTU) instructor and evaluator pilot. He then served in several staff positions at Scott AFB, Ill. within the 618th Air Operations Center (Tanker Airlift Control Center) and Headquarters Air Mobility Command. Following his staff tour as a major, he attended intermediate developmental education and then served as Chief, Plans and Programs for the 15th Wing at JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii. Prior to his current assignment, the lieutenant colonel was the Director of Operations, 5th Expeditionary Air Mobility Squadron, Kuwait.
2003 Bachelor of Science, Management, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
2010 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Master of Science, International Relations, Troy University, Ala.
2017 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2020 Air War College by distance learning, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. August 2003—May 2005, Student Pilot, Moody Air Force Base, Ga. and Columbus AFB, Miss.
2. May 2005—October 2007, Formal Training Officer then Assistant Chief, Squadron Support Staff and C-17 Aircraft Commander, 16th Airlift Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C.
3. October 2007—July 2008, Command Post Duty Officer and C-17 Instructor Pilot, 437th Airlift Wing, Charleston AFB, S.C.
4. July 2008—January 2010, Pilot Scheduler and C-17 FTU Instructor Pilot, 58th Airlift Squadron, Altus AFB, Okla.
5. January 2010—September 2011, Chief, Wing Scheduling then Flight Commander, Wing Current Operations and C-17 FTU Evaluator Pilot, 97th Operations Support Squadron, Altus AFB, Okla.
6. September 2011—May 2012, Executive Officer and C-17 FTU Evaluator Pilot, 97th Operations Group, Altus AFB, Okla.
7. May 2012—January 2014, Strategic Allocation Director, Mobility Management Directorate, 618th Air Operations Center (Tanker Airlift Control Center), Scott AFB, Ill.
8. January 2014—June 2015, Executive Officer, Directorate of Strategic Plans, Requirements and Programs, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
9. June 2015—July 2016, Air University Fellow and Squadron Officer School Flight Commander, 33rd Student Squadron, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. July 2016—October 2017, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. October 2017—April 2018, Assistant Director of Operations and C-17 Instructor Pilot, 535th Airlift Squadron, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
12. May 2018—June 2019, Chief, Plans and Programs and C-17 Instructor Pilot, 15th Wing, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
13. June 2019—July 2020, Director of Operations, 5th Expeditionary Air Mobility Squadron, Kuwait
14. July 2020 —Present, Commander, 313th Recruiting Squadron, North Syracuse, N.Y.
Rating: senior pilot
Flight hours: 2,600 including more than 500 combat hours
Aircraft flown: C-17A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 28, 2003
First Lieutenant May 28, 2005
Captain May 28, 2007
Major June 1, 2013
Lieutenant Colonel February 1, 2018
(Current as of August 2020)