Lt. Col. Timothy J. Martin is the Commander, Air Force Reserve 350th Recruiting Squadron, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey. He is responsible for the health, morale, and welfare of 89 officer and enlisted members as well as 8 civilian personnel whose major role is to annually recruit 2,100 Citizen Airmen. Lt. Col. Martin manages an operations budget of over a half million dollars and oversees 11 flights and personnel in 40 locations across 19 states. He develops and implements plans for mission changes, facilities, advertising, and training which impact recruiting and advises 8 wing commanders on recruiting matters.
Lt. Col. Martin entered the Air Force in 1985 serving 18 years as an enlisted Airmen primarily as a Master Military Training Instructor for Air Force Basic Military Training. Commissioned in 2003, He has served in a variety of leadership positions at the flight, squadron, wing, numbered air force, major command, and joint staff levels.
1988 Non-Commissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Bergstrom AFB, Texas
1991 Non-Commissioned Officer Leadership School, Lackland AFB, Texas
1996 Non-Commissioned Officer Academy (non-residence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 USAF Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB Gunter-Annex, Ala.
1999 Associate of Applied Science in Education & Training Management, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Bachelors in Management Science, Park University, Parkville Mo.
2002 Associate of Applied Science in Information Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Master of Arts in Adult Education, the University of Texas at San Antonio, Texas 2011 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Master of Arts in Operational Art & Joint Warfare, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Air Command and Staff College (non-residence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Ft. Lesley J. McNair, Washington D.C. 2020 Air War College (non-residence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- November 1985 - April 1987, Information Specialist, 96th Combat Support Group, Dyess AFB, Texas
- April 1987 - April 1988, Information Specialist, 7393d Munitions Support Squadron, Murted AB, Turkey
- April 1988 - June 1989, Information Specialist, 12th Air Force, Bergstrom AFB, Texas
- June 1989 - April 1993, Military Training Instructor, 3711 Basic Military Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
- April 1993 - June 1995, Evaluator, 8050th Basic Military Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
- June 1995 - July 2001, Section Supervisor, 433d Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
- July 2001 - September 2003, Squadron Superintendent, 433d Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
- September 2003 - June 2005, Deputy Commander, 433d Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas