Lt. Col. Scott Allen Black is the commander, 348th Recruiting Squadron, Clearfield, Utah. In this capacity, he leads eight flights which cover 24 states and the Pacific Rim, encompassing more than 4.5 million square miles. He is responsible for the accession of high-quality recruits to meet Air Force officer accession requirements. He commands the largest squadron geographical area in Air Force Recruiting Service, meeting Air Force Health Professions and Line Officer accession requirements in the areas of physicians, dentists, nurses, biomedical sciences corps, medical services corps, rated and non-rated officers.
Lt. Col. Black enlisted in the Air Force in 1998 as an Airborne Systems Engineer on the RC135 Rivet Joint and Combat Sent aircraft. He was accepted to the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps in 2003 where he graduated from the University of Nebraska in 2005 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics. In 2011, Lt. Col. Black received a Master’s in Community Nutrition and Health Promotion from the University of Nebraska. His diverse career has allowed him to deploy in support of Operations Southern and Northern Watch, Enduring Freedom, Iraq Freedom, and also a humanitarian mission to Honduras. He i s a Certified Sports Specialist in Dietetics (CSSD) and he is married with two daughters.
1999 Air Force Survival School, Fairchild Air Force Base, Wash.
2001 Associate of Science, Community College of the Air Force
2001 Airman Leadership School (Residence), Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
2005 Bachelor of Science, Dietetics, University of Nebraska, Lincoln Neb.
2006 Aerospace Basic Course (Residence), Maxwell, Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Air Force Dietetics Internship, Distinguished Graduate, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2008 Squadron Officer School, Air University (Non-residence)
2011 AFIT Master of Science, Health Promotion, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Neb.
2015 Air Command and Staff College, Air University (Non-residence)
- May 1998 – June 1998, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
- July 1998 – December 1998, Technical School, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
- January 1999 – January 2003, Airborne Systems Engineer, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
- January 2003 – May 2005, ROTC Cadet, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Neb.
- June 2005 – July 2006, Protocol Officer, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
- July 2006 – June 2009, Dietetic Intern, Clinical Dietitian, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
- June 2009 – June 2011, AFIT Graduate Student, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Neb.
- June 2011 – June 2015, Chief Diet Therapy Programs, Program Director Nutrition & Diet Therapy Training, Ft Sam Houston, Texas
- June 2015 – July 2018, Flight Commander, Nutritional Medicine, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
- July 2018 – December 2019, Director of Operations, 348 RCS, Clearfield, Utah
- December 2019 – Present, Commander, 348 RCS, Clearfield, Utah
Flight Hours: 617, Combat Hours: 69, Combat Support Hours: 190 Aircraft Flown: RC135U, RC135V, RC135W
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal Air Force Meritorious Service Medal Air Medal
Air Achievement Medal
AF Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Senior Airman Below the Zone 2000 William H. Pitzenbarger Award 2000 Lt Col Virgil Grissom Scholarship 2003
AFROTC Field Training Distinguished Graduate, 2003
Col Miriam Perry Award, Distinguished Graduate, Dietetic Internship 2007 Outstanding Educator of the Year, Dietetic Internship 2008
Air Combat Command Air Force Medical Service FGO of the year 2017 633 MDG FGO of the Year 2017
633 ABW FGO of the Year 2017
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 23, 2005
Captain June 23, 2007
Major February 1, 2013
Lieutenant Colonel February 1, 2019
Current as of December, 2019