Lt. Col. Jason Haney is the Commander, 368th Recruiting Squadron, headquartered at Hill Air Force Base, Utah. He directs the recruiting activities of six enlisted accession flights with 79 active duty and 11 civilian personnel, spanning seven states and 467,000 square miles, including Nevada, Utah, Montana, Idaho, eastern Washington, eastern Oregon, and western Wyoming. The unit’s mission is to inspire, engage, and recruit the next generation of Airmen and Guardians.
Lt. Col. Haney received his commission from the Reserve Officer Training Corps at Florida State University in 2002. Upon comissioning, he completed Undergraduate Navigator Training at Randolph AFB, Texas. Over the course of 18 years of active duty military service, Lt. Col. Haney was stationed in Georgia, Texas, Florida and Louisiana. At those duty locations, he held various positions in combat flying operations as well as Undergraduate Flying Training Instructor, Numbered Air Force Executive Officer and Expeditionary Commander. He is a master navigator with more than 1,000 combat hours, and over 875 instructor/evaluator hours in the T-43A, T-1A and E-8C
Lt. Col. Haney’s operational flying experience includes missions supporting operations ENDURING FREEDOM and IRAQI FREEDOM. Prior to his current assignment, the Lieutenant Colonel was an Assistant Director of Operations for the 461st Operations Support Squadron, Robins AFB, Georgia.
2002 Bachelor of Science, Social Work, Florida State University, Tallahasee, Fla.
2007 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Master of Business, General Management, American Military University, Charles Town, W.V.
2013 Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
- May 2002 – March 2003, Student, Joint Specialized Undergraduate Navigator Training, 562d Flying Training Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
- April 2003 – February 2003, Student, E-8C Navigator Initial/Mission Qualification Training, 330th Combat Training Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
- March 2004 – January 2006, E-8C Navigator, 128th Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
- February 2006 – August 2008, E-8C Formal Training Unit Evaluator Navigator, Assistant Flight Commander and Assistant Chief of Training, 330th Combat Training Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga
- September 2008 – December 2010, Flight Commander, T-43A Instructor Navigator, Undergraduate Navigator Training, 562d Flying Training Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
- January 2011 – July 2013, Assistant Chief of Training, Chief of Training and Assistant Director of Operations, T-1A Instructor Combat Systems Officer, 451st Flying Training Squadron, Pensacola Naval Air Station, Fla. (July 2012 - January 2013, Chief of Plans and Programs, Thumrait Air Base (AB), Oman)
- August 2013 – July 2015, Chief, Operations Support, 608th Strategic Operations Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
- August 2015 – June 2016, Executive Officer, Headquarters 8th Air Force, Barksdale AFB, La.
- July 2016 – December 2016, Student, E-8C Combat Systems Officer Transition Course, 330th Combat Training Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
- January 2017 – January 2018, Chief, Wing Scheduling, 461st Operations Support Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga. (July 2017 - January 2018, Chief of Safety, Ali Al Salem AB, Kuwait)
- February 2018 – June 2019, Assistant Director of Operations, 461st Operations Support Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga. (May 2018 - October 2018, Commander, 5th Expeditionary Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan)
- June 2019 – Present, Commander, 368th Recruiting Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
Rating: Master Navigator
Hours: More than 2,800
Aircraft Flown: E-8C, T-1A and T-43A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 11, 2002
First Lieutenant May 11, 2004
Captain May 11, 2006
Major Feb 1, 2012
Lieutenant Colonel Feb 1, 2017
(Current as of June 2020)