Lt. Col. Marcus U. Stevenson is the Commander, 333rd Recruiting Squadron, Patrick AFB, Fla. As the commander, he is responsible for eight flights and approximately 105 military and civilian personnel throughout central and southern Florida, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, covering an area of 36,000 square miles. He partners with military, civic, educational, and community leaders to generate optimum awareness for Air Force and now Space Force accessions. He is responsible for meeting enlistment contract goals and line officer requirements with high-quality recruits.
Lieutenant Colonel Stevenson received his commission in 2002 through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp (ROTC), at the University of Memphis, graduating as the Cadet Commander; receiving the Universities Presidents Award for academics and leadership. He has served in numerous leadership positions, to include Director of Space Operations for North American Air Defense and United States Northern Command, Chief of Space Operations and Cyber engagement for United States Southern Command, Functional Area Manager for Space Forces in United States European and African command (USAFE), Chief of Space plans in USAFE, Student Squadron Commander for Officer Training School, GPS Satellite C2 crew commander, instructor, and evaluator.
1997 Associates degree in Information Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2002 Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology/Pre-law, University of Memphis, Tenn.
2002 Aerospace Basic’s course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Space 100 Basic course, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2009 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Space 200, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2012 Masters of Business Administration, Trident University, Calif.
2014 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 Space 300, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2015 Joint Forces Staff College JPME Phase II, Norfolk, Va.
1. 2002 – 2003: Student, Space and Missile Operation Training, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2. 2003 – 2005: Crew Commander, Satellite Operations, Schriever AFB, Colo.
3. 2005 – 2006: GPS Crew Commander & Senior Instructor, Schriever AFB, Colo.
4. 2006 – 2007: GPS Senior Evaluator, Schriever AFB, Colo.
5. 2007 – 2009: Commander, Counterspace Operations, Colorado Springs, Colo.
6. 2009 – 2011: Assistant Director of Operations, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. 2011 – 2012: Commander, Officer Training School Student Squadron, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. 2012 – 2013: Chief Space Operational Plans, Ramstein AFB, Germany
9. 2013 – 2014: Chief Director’s Action Group, Ramstein AFB, Germany
10. 2014 – 2015: Chief, Integrated Air and Missile Defense Integration branch, Ramstein AFB, Germany
11. 2015 – 2018: Chief, Space Operations Plans & Engagement, USSOUTHCOM, Miami, Fla.
12. 2018 – 2020: Director of Space Forces, NORAD/USNORTHCOM, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
13. 2020 - Present: Commander, 333d Recruiting Squadron, Patrick AFB, Fla.
Rating: Command Space Operator
Experience: Satellite Command and Control, Air Operations, Space Lift, Theater Missile Defense, Operational Testing
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
USAF Organizational Excellence Award with four oak clusters
National Defense Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 29, 2002
First Lieutenant May 29, 2004
Captain May 29, 2006
Major July 01, 2012
Lieutenant Colonel May 01, 2017
(Current as of June 2020)