Col. Jeffrey Thomas Rosa is commander, 360th Recruiting Group, New Cumberland, Pennsylvania. He leads more than 900 exceptional Airmen across 21 states and Europe, charged with inspiring and recruiting America’s brightest enlisted and officer accessions to sustain the combat capability of the United States Air Force.
Col. Rosa enlisted in the United States Air Force in 1990 and served as an avionics guidance and control specialist on B-52 and C-5 aircraft. He was commissioned in 1996 following his graduation from Wilmington University, Delaware. He has served in multiple leadership positions including joint, squadron, air staff, and group levels.
Prior to his current assignment, he was commander, Education Support Squadron, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Alabama.
Col. Rosa is a graduate of the Joint and Combined Warfighting School in Norfolk, Virginia, and is a fully qualified Joint Service Officer.
1996 A.S. Avionics Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force
1996 B.S. Human Resource Management, Wilmington University, Del.
2000 M.S. Management, Troy University, Montgomery Ala.
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Air University, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Joint Force Staff College, Joint and Combined Warfighting School - Joint Professional Military Education Phase II, Norfolk, Va.
2014 Air University, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- November 1990 - August 1992, B-52 Avionics Guidance and Control Specialist, 7th Bomb Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas.
- August 1992 - June 1994, B-52 Avionics Guidance and Control Specialist, 34th Bomb Squadron, Castle AFB, Calif.
- June 1994 - June 1996, C-5 Avionics Guidance and Control Specialist, 336th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
- June 1996 - October 1996, Student, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- October 1996 - January 1997, Chief, Aircraft Avionics Systems for the Directorate of Logistics, HQ AETC, Randolph AFB, Texas.
- January 1997 - April 1997, Student, Undergraduate Navigator Training, Pensacola Naval Air Station, Fla.
- April 1997 - October 1998, Manpower and Quality Officer, 341st Space Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
- October 1998 - October 2001, Flight Training Officer, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- October 2001 - August 2003, Chief, Organization and Management and Chief, Management Engineering Support Section, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii.
- August 2003 - June 2006, J1, Director, Manpower/Personnel and Administration for the Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command, Hickam AFB, Hawaii.
- June 2006 - May 2008, Military Personnel Flight Commander and Acting Mission Support Squadron Commander, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
- May 2008- May 2010, Chief of Protocol, Office of Military Cooperation-Kuwait, Embassy of the United State of America- Kuwait.
- May 2010 - June 2013, Commander, Military Entrance Processing Station, Boise, Idaho.
- June 2013 - June 2015, Commander, 364th Recruiting Squadron, McClellan Park, Calif.
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters Joint Service Achievement Medal