Chief Master Sergeant Michael R. Johnson is Chief of Strategic Marketing Division for Air Force Recruiting Service and Superintendent of Integration. He directs the planning, creation and development of advertising programs, services, funds and material used by recruiting squadrons and operating locations. He leads the efforts to synchronize cross-component recruiting when and where most viable to the Air Force.
As a member of the Total Force Recruiting Council, he also provides oversight to the preparation and submission of reports to higher headquarters and instruction to policies supporting all Air Force Component’s recruiting mission needs.
CMSgt Johnson entered the Air Force in 1996 as an aircraft armament systems specialist assigned to Luke AFB, Ariz. His career spans with a variety of specialties to include information management, honor guard, and recruiting duty assignments, while serving in the Air Force Reserve Recruiting Service he has served at numerous locations throughout his career.
2002 USAF Airman Leadership School (correspondence) 2005 IMPACT Selling System Professional, Brooks Group, (correspondence)
2006 Associate’s degree in Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force 2006 Associate’s degree in Aircraft Armament Technology, Community College of the Air Force 2008 USAF Non Commissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2009 Bachelor’s Degree in Management & Human Resources, Park University, Parkville, Mo.
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Gunter Air Force Station, Ala.(correspondence)
2011 Air Force Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Air Force Station, Ala.
2011 Professional Manager Certification, CCAF, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2013 SNCO Leadership and Development Course, Homestead Air Reserve Base, Fla. 2016 Chief Orientation Course, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
2016 HQ AF/RE Orientation Course Pentagon, D.C.
2020 Senior Enlisted Leader Course Data Science Analysis, Washington, D.C.
1. Oct 1996-Dec 1996 Air Force Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. Jan 1997-Mar 1997 Aircraft Armament Systems Technical School, Shephard AFB, Texas
3. Apr 1997-Aug1999 Aircraft Armament Systems Journeyman, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. Aug1999-Aug 2000 Aircraft Armament Systems Journeyman, Osan AB Republic of Korea
5. June 2001-Sept 2002 Information Systems Journeyman, Hill AFB, Utah
6. Oct 2002-March 2004 Information Systems Journeyman, Homestead ARB, Fla.
7. Apr 2004- Aug 2005 Line Recruiter, Alameda, Sacramento, Calif.
8. Sep 2005- Aug 2006 Health Professions Recruiter, Austin, Texas
9. Sept 2006-Aug 2007, Officer Accessions Recruiter, Austin, Texas
10. Sept 2007-Aug 2009 In-Service Recruiter, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
11. Sept 2009-July 2010, Headquarters Recruiting Service Help Desk NCOIC, Robins AFB, Ga.
12. Aug 2010-Aug 2012, Headquarters Recruiting Advertising Events Manager, Robins AFB, Ga.
13. Aug 2012-Sep 2015, Flight Chief, 482 FW/RS, Homestead ARB, Fla.
14. Oct 2015-Jun, 2018 Flight Chief National Capital Region, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
15. Jun 2018-Mar 2019, Chief, Advertising & Marketing HQ AFRC/RS, Robins AFB Ga.
16. Mar 2019-Present, Chief (Total Force) Integration, Strategic Marketing Division AFRS/RS Randolph AFB Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Short
Air Force Longevity Service with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Special Duty Ribbon with three oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with one oak leaf cluster
USAF NCO PME Graduate Ribbon with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Training Ribbon
1997 Load Crew of the Year, Luke AFB, Ariz.
1998 Load Crew of the Year, Luke AFB Ariz.
2015 Flight Chief of the Year, AFRC/RS
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTIONS
Airman First Class October 1997
Senior Airman October 1999
Staff Sergeant October 2002
Technical Sergeant August 2006
Master Sergeant November 2008
Senior Master Sergeant October 2012
Chief Master Sergeant May 2016
(Current as of December 2020)