Lt. Col. Curtis H. Grantham III is the commander, 349th Recruiting Squadron, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. He oversees eight flights and Air Force liaisons at two Military Entrance Processing Stations consisting of 94 active duty and four civilian personnel, encompassing approximately 183,000 square miles spread throughout Oklahoma, Kansas, western Missouri and western Arkansas. The squadron partners with military, civic, educational and community organizations to enhance Air Force awareness and to recruit high-quality members into enlisted and officer career paths. Its mission is to inspire, engage and recruit future Airmen to deliver airpower for America.
Lieutenant Colonel Grantham graduated from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 2006. He has vast base level experience in engineering, operations, and environmental civil engineering flights. He has also worked on staff at Air Force Installation Mission Support Center (AFIMSC) and Air Force Civil Engineering Center (AFCEC), where his teams enabled both staff organizations to reach full operational capabilities and were named the United States Air Force Chief of Staff Team Excellence Award runner up. He has deployed five times supporting operations Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, New Dawn, Inherent Resolve, the “Max Pressure” campaign, and the Global War on Terrorism. Prior to his current assignment, he was the commander, Detachment 1, 823rd RED HORSE Squadron at Silver Flag Exercise Site Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida.
2006 Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, USAFA, Colo. 2011 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base (AFB), Ala.
2012 Master of Business Administration and Management, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Ariz.
2016 Earned Project Management Professional Certification
2018 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., correspondents
1. February 2007 – March 2010, Maintenance Engineer and Project Manager, 436th Civil Engineer Squadron, Dover Air AFB, Del.
2. March 2010 – December 2011, Natural Resources and Operations Support, 99th Civil Engineer Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
3. December 2011 – September 2013, Flight Commander, Operations and Civil Engineer, 799th Air Base Squadron, Creech AFB, Nev.
4. September 2013 – December 2015, Chief, Resource Optimization, AFCEC, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
5. December 2015 – July 2016, Asset Manager and Military Construction Manager, AFIMSC, JB San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
6. July 2016 – June 2019, Commander, Operations Flight, 647th Civil Engineer Squadron, JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam AFB, Hawaii
7. June 2019 – June 2021, Commander, Detachment 1, 823d RED HORSE SQUADRON, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
8. June 2021 – Present, Commander, 349 Recruiting Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant December 20, 2006
First Lieutenant December 1, 2008
Captain December 1, 2010
Major December 1, 2016
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2021
(Current as of July 2021)