Lt. Col. Chiriga O. Wilson is the commander for the 345th Recruiting Squadron, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. She oversees a team of approximately 90 active-duty and civilian personnel, she directs and operates the recruiting activities of seven enlisted accession flights encompassing over 118,000 square mile area that includes central and southern Illinois, eastern Missouri, western Tennessee, Paducah Kentucky, eastern Arkansas, and northern Mississippi.
Lieutenant Colonel Wilson, who hails from Helena, Arkansas, commissioned in 2002 as a graduate of Tennessee State University’s AFROTC Detachment 790, where she was individually selected from a national pool of newly commissioned lieutenants to serve as a Gold Bar Recruiter tasked to develop minority officer accession sources for the Air Force. She, would later return to HQ AFROTC where she led the service’s only officer diversity recruiting program, as well as, spearheaded its largest diversity advertising campaign; increasing minority scholarship award by 15% and extending AFROTC awareness by over 500K people.
Prior to this assignment, Lieutenant Colonel Wilson served as project officer for the United States Military Personnel Exchange Program. She was the sole United States Air Force member embedded within the Royal Australian Air Force, and Deputy Program Manager for the E7-A Airborne Early Warning & Control Aircraft, where she facilitated the implementation of over $1B of system-level major and minor mid-life upgrades of the E7-A platform to further the Royal Australian Air Force’s advancement of the Airborne Early Warning & Control capability.
2001 Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, Tennessee State University, Nashville, Tenn.
2002 Air and Space Basic Course (Residence), Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 Requirements Management Certification, Air Force Institute of Technology, WPAFB, Ohio
2008 Squadron Officer School (Residence), Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2008 Master of Science, Project Management, University of Maryland – University Park, Md.
2011 Master of Business Administration, University of Maryland – University Park, Md.
2012 Air Command and Staff College (Non-residence), Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1. January 2002 - January 2003, Goldbar Recruiter, HQ AFROTC/SW Region, Houston, Texas
2. January 2003 - December 2003, Process Specialist, Software Engineering Process Group, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Warner Robins, Ga.
3. December 2003 - December 2006, Deputy Program Manager, DoD International AIMS Program Office, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Warner Robins, Ga.
4. December 2006 - December 2007, Director of Recruiting, HQ AFROTC, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
5. December 2007 - December 2008, Chief, Diversity Recruiting, HQ AFROTC, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
6. December 2008 - December 2009, Chief, Advertising, HQ AFROTC, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. December 2009 - July 2010, OIC Professional Development Programs, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. July 2010 - February 2011, Intel Program Manager, Airborne Radar Flight, Electronic Analysis Squadron, NASIC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. February 2011 - January 2012, Commander, C2 Systems and Software Analysis Flight, Electronic Analysis Squadron, NASIC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. January 2012 - June 2014, Director of Operations, Engineering Analysis Squadron, Air & Cyberspace Intelligence Group, NASIC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. June 2014 - March 2015, AWACS Project Officer, Military Personnel Exchange Officer, Royal Australian Air Force, Williamtown, Australia
12. March 2015 - July 2017, AWACS Deputy Program Manager, Military Personnel Exchange Officer, Royal Australian Air Force, Williamtown, Australia
13. July 2017 - June 2018, Chief, Customer Electronic Catalog/Medical - Surgical Operations Center, Defense Logistics Agency - Troop Support, NSA Philadelphia, Pa.
14. July 2018 - December 2018, Commander, Defense Logistics Agency Support Team - Afghanistan, Defense Logistics Agency - CENTCOM & SOCOM, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan
15. January 2019 - June 2020, Deputy Director, J3/5 - Operations and Plans Directorate Defense Logistics Agency - Troop Support, NSA Philadelphia, Pa.
16. June 2020 - Present, Commander, 345th Recruiting Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan. 04, 2002
First Lieutenant Jan. 04, 2004
Captain Jan 04, 2006
Major Jan. 04 2012
Lieutenant Colonel Jan 01, 2017
(Current as of March 2021)