Lt. Col. Bryan P. Ewing Sr. is the Commander, 332nd Recruiting Squadron, Nashville, Tennessee. He commands 10 flights and 85 personnel, covering 92,000 square miles throughout eight states in the Midwest and Southern United States. He partners with military, civic, educational, and community leaders to generate optimum awareness for Air Force accessions. He manages a $1.3M budget, 60 vehicles and 40 recruiting offices supporting the annual accession of 1,400 new Airmen.
Prior to serving as the 332nd RCS commander, Lieutenant Colonel Ewing served as the Air Force Program Element Monitor for Combat Training Ranges, Aerial Targets, and Electronic Warfare, where directed HQ Air Force planning, programming, budgeting, and reporting for a $3B investment and sustainment portfolio, ensuring corporate PPBE procedures accurately fund 4th and 5th Generation aircraft capabilities for the USAF, allies and joint partners.
Lieutenant Colonel Ewing enlisted in the Air Force in 1996 and served nine years as an enlisted contracting professional. He was commissioned as a distinguished graduate of the OTS program at Maxwell AFB, Ala. After receiving his commission, he has successfully completed a wide range of assignments to include operational and systems level contracting officer, instructor and Executive Officer for the Air and Space Basic Course at Maxwell AFB, Ala, staff officer for Pacific Air Forces, and squadron command at Mountain Home AFB, Idaho.
2001 Distinguished Graduate, Airman Leadership School, Moody AFB, Ga.
2002 A.S., Contract Management, Community College of the Air Force, Moody AFB, Ga.
2004 B.S., Business Management, Park University, Moody AFB, Ga.
2005 Distinguished Graduate, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Master of Acquisition Management, American Graduate University, Covina, Calif.
2018 Master of Defense and Strategic Studies, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
1. July 1996 – Feb 1998, Commodities Contracting Specialist, 7th Contracting Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas
2. Feb 1998 – Dec 1999, Services Contracting Specialist, 7th Contracting Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas
3. Dec 1999 – Dec 2000, Construction Contract Administrator, 7th Contracting Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas
4. Dec 2000 – March 2001, Contingency Contracting Officer, 363 ECONS, Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia
5. May 2001 – Dec 2002, Construction Contracting Officer, 347th Contracting Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
6. Jan 2003 – June 2003, Lead Contingency Contracting Officer, Classified Location
7. July 2003 – April 2005, NCOIC, Simplified Acquisitions Flight, 347th Contracting Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
8. Sep 2005 – May 2007, Student Navigator, 6th Training Wing, Naval Air Station Pensacola, Fla.
9. June 2007 – March 2009, Logistics IT Contracting Officer, 754th Electronic Systems Group, Gunter AFB, Ala.
10. April 2009 – Oct 2009, Contracting Officer, DCMA, Multi-National Security Transition Command, Baghdad, Iraq
11. Dec 2009 – May 2012, Flight Commander, 29th Student Squadron, Squadron Officer College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. June 2012 – Dec 2012, Executive Officer, Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. March 2012 – Sept 2012, Chief, Construction Branch, Joint Theater Support Contracting Command, FOB Fenty, Afghanistan
14. Jan 2012 – Nov 2013, Deputy Flight Commander, Specialized Flight, 647th CONS, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
15. Dec 2013 – April 2014, Chief of Contracting, 376 ECONS, Transit Center Manas, Kyrgyzstan
16. June 2014 – June 2015, Staff Officer, Air Force Installation Contracting Agency – OL Pacific, Honolulu, Hawaii
17. June 2015 – June 2017, Commander, 366th Contracting Squadron, 366th Fighter Wing, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
18. June 2017 – June 2018, Student, Naval Command and Staff College, Newport, R.I.
19. June 2018 – July 2019, Functional Area Manager, Secretary of the Air Force (Acquisition), the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
20. July 2019 - June 2021, Program Element Monitor, Global Power Programs (SAF/AQP), the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
21. June 2021 - Present, Commander, 332nd Recruiting Squadron, Nashville, Tenn.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
AF Outstanding Unit Award with Valor with eight oak leaf clusters
AF Organizational Excellence Award with one oak leaf cluster
AF Good Conduct Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Iraqi Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary & Service Medals
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
AF Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF RANK:
Airman Oct. 17, 1996
Airman First Class Oct. 17, 1997
Senior Airman April 17, 1996
Staff Sergeant Dec. 10, 2000
Second Lieutenant Aug. 12, 2005
First Lieutenant Aug. 12, 2007
Captain Aug. 12, 2009
Major Feb. 1, 2016
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 1, 2020
(Current as of July 2021)