Col. Jason C. Scott is Vice Commander, Air Force Recruiting Service, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. As Vice Commander, Col. Scott is responsible for obtaining sufficient qualified men and women to meet the personnel procurement requirements of today's and tomorrow's highly technological Air Force. The Air Force Recruiting Service comprises more than 3,000 Airmen and civilians at more than 1,000 facilities across the U.S. and abroad.
Col. Scott entered the Air Force in 1996 as a graduate of the Reserve Officers Training Corps program at Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas. He earned his navigator wings at Randolph Air Force Base, Texas in 1997. He served as RC-135, T-43 and T-1A evaluator navigator. He has served at the squadron, group, wing, Headquarters Air Force, and Joint Staff levels. Prior to his current position, Col. Scott was the Chief, Operations of Air Force Recruiting Service at Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas.
1996 Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice, Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas
2002 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2008 Joint Professional Military Education, Phase II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2010 Master of Military Operational Arts and Sciences, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama, by correspondence
1. June 1996 – December 1996, student navigator, Training Squadron 10, Naval Air Station Pensacola, Fla.
2. December 1996 – February 1998, student navigator, 562nd Flying training Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
3. February 1998 – December 2000, RC-135S Plans and Tactics Officer, 45th Reconnaissance Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
4. December 2000 – December 2001, Chief RC/OC/WC-135 Flight Operations Scheduling, 55th Operational Support Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
5. December 2001 – August 2005 Instructor Navigator, Flight Commander, and Assistant Director of Operations, 562nd Flying Training Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
6. August 2005 – April 2006, RC-135 Rivet Joint Deputy Chief Standardization and Evaluation, 343rd Reconnaissance Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
7. April 2006 – October 2007, Chief Commander’s Action Group, 55th Operations Group, Offutt AFB, Neb.
8. October 2007 – July 2009, Joint Staff J-3 Deputy Chief Air Operations Branch, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
9. July 2009 – July 2010, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. July 2010 – February 2012, T-1A Chief of Training, 451st Flying Training Squadron, Naval Air Station Pensacola, Fla.
11. February 2012 – February 2013, Director of Operations, 479th Operational Support Squadron, Naval Air Station, Pensacola, Fla.
12. February 2013 – August 2013, Director of Operations, 320th Basic Military Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
13. August 2013 – June 2014, Chief of Safety, 12th Flying Training Wing, Naval Air Station Pensacola, Fla.
14. June 2014 - June 2016, Commander, 361st Recruiting Squadron, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
15. June 2016 – July 2017, Chief Flight Safety Issues, Headquarter U.S. Air Force, Washington D.C.
16. July 2017 – July 2018, Director of Safety, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces Europe and Air Forces Africa, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
17. July 2018 – July 2020, Commander, 372d Recruiting Group, Hill Air Force Base, Utah
18. July 2020 – July 2022 Chief, Operations, Headquarters, Air Force Recruiting Service, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
19. July 2022 - Present, Vice Commander, Air Force Recruiting Service, Headquarters, Air Force Recruiting Service, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 10, 1996
First Lieutenant May 10, 1998
Captain 10 May 10, 2000
Major March 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel September 1, 2011
Colonel November 1, 2017
(Current as of July, 2022)