Lieutenant Colonel Christina J. Obergfell is the Commander, 338th Recruiting Squadron, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. As commander, she leads and directs the recruiting activities of eight enlisted accessions flights with approximately 98 active duty and civilian personnel. The 338th RCS area of responsibility encompasses 52 recruiting offices and three military entrance processing stations spread across Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Illinois. The squadron’s mission is to inspire, engage, and recruit future Airmen and Guardians to deliver air and space power for the United States of America.
Lt. Col. Obergfell was commissioned in 2005 upon graduating from the University of Notre Dame with a bachelor’s degree in mathematics. As an Operations Research Analyst, she has led officer and enlisted personnel to inform and accelerate decision-making at the functional and geographic combatant command, Air Force headquarters, major command, and center−levels. Her most recent assignment, was as the Deputy Division Chief, for the Aerospace Systems Directorate, Strategic Planning and Analysis Division, Air Force Research Lab, where she led modeling and simulation analytics for future weapon systems development. Prior to that, she served as the Executive Assistant to the Commander, United States Central Command. Lt. Col. Obergfell is a Joint Qualified Officer.
2005 Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Ind.
2005 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Master of Science Operations Research, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2011 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Masters of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2019 The Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2021 Air War College (correspondence)
1. June 2005–July 2007, Personnel Analyst, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
2. August 2007–March 2009, Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. April 2009–September 2009, Force Balance Analyst, Air Staff, Washington D.C.
4. October 2009–July 2010, Executive Officer, Air Staff, Washington D.C.
5. August 2010–December 2010, Chief, Technical Training Analysis, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
6. January 2011–March 2012, Commander, Command Studies Flight, JBSA-Randolph, Texas
7. April 2012–July 2012, Assistant Director of Operations, Studies and Analysis SQ, JBSA-Randolph, Texas
8. July 2012–July 2015, Senior Strategic Programs Analyst, U.S. Strategic Command, J8, Offutt AFB, Neb.
9. July 2015–July 2017, Chief, Cost Capability Analysis Branch, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. August 2017-June 2018, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. June 2018 – March 2020, Chief, Modeling and Simulation, U.S. Central Command J8, MacDill AFB, Florida
12. April 2020-July 2021, Executive Assistant to the Commander, USCENTCOM, MacDill AFB, Florida
13. July 2021-June 2022, Deputy Chief, Strategic Planning and Analysis Division, Air Force Research Lab, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. June 2022 – present, Commander, 338th Recruiting Squadron, Wright-Paterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 14, 2005
First Lieutenant June 1, 2007
Captain June 1, 2009
Major Nov. 1, 2015
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 2020
(Current as July 2022)