Colonel Jason Turner is the Chief, Recruiting Operations Division, Headquarters Air Force Recruiting Service, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. He formulates and executes all policies and procedures to direct recruitment efforts for enlisted members and line officers for the Air Force and Space Force. In addition, he provides guidance and support to 3,700 people dispersed over 50 states, Puerto Rico, Europe, and the Pacific Rim.
Colonel Turner earned his Reserve Officers' Training Corps commission from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He completed Joint Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training at Vance AFB, Oklahoma, where he stayed as a T-37B first assignment instructor pilot. This assignment launched a career focused on flight instruction, training, and education. He flew the F-15C at Kadena Air Base, Japan, Pacific Air Forces, where the unit commonly partnered with host nation forces to enhance interoperability.
Colonel Turner has completed multiple assignments as a T-38C Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals instructor in Air Education and Training Command, where he instructed basic fighter maneuvers and foundations of surface attack to future fighter pilots. He was a distinguished graduate of Air Command and Staff College at Maxwell AFB, Alabama, where he also earned designation as a Political-Military Affairs Strategist. Col Turner served in multiple roles supporting Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training, including command of the 80th Operations Support Squadron. Prior to his current assignment, Col Turner was the Commander of Air Force Reserve Officers' Training Corps Detachment 538, where he provided mentorship and support to the 80-member cadet wing and served as Professor and Department Chair of Aerospace Studies for Rochester Institute of Technology.
1999 Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York 1999 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Squadron Officer School by correspondence.
2010 Master of Airpower Art & Science, Air Command & Staff College by correspondence.
2013 Master of Military Operational Art & Science, Air Command & Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. 2016 Air War College by correspondence.
1. Jul 1999 – Jan 2000, Adjutant, McConnell AFB, Kan.
2. Jan 2000 – Mar 2001, Student Pilot, Joint Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance AFB, Okla.
3. Mar 2001 – Apr 2004, T-37B Instructor Pilot, Assistant Flight Commander, Executive Officer, Vance AFB, Okla.
4. Apr 2004 – Aug 2004, Student Pilot, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, Moody AFB, Ga.
5. Apr 2004 – Apr 2005, F-15C Student Pilot, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
6. Apr 2005 – Apr 2008, F-15C Flight Lead, Chief of Scheduling, Activity Security Manager, Kadena AB, Japan
7. Apr 2008 – Aug 2012, T-38C IFF Instructor Pilot, Squadron Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, Operations Group Director of Staff, Operations Officer, Wing Director of Staff, Wing Chief Instructor Pilot, Laughlin AFB, Tex.
8. Aug 2012 – Jul 2013, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. Jul 2013 – Jul 2014, Chief, Fighter Branch, Chief, Air Warfare Division, US Senior National Representative, AFCENT Air Warfare Center, Al Dhafra AB
10. Jul 2014 – Dec 2016, T-38C IFF Evaluator/Instructor Pilot, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, Chief of Safety, Sheppard AFB, Tex.
11. Dec 2016 – Jul 2018, Commander, 80th Operations Support Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Tex.
12. Jul 2018 – Jul 2019, Director, Strategic Initiatives, 80th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Tex.
13. Jul 2019 – Jul 2022, Commander, AFROTC Detachment 538, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, Ny.
14. Jul 2022 – Present, Chief, Operations Division, Headquarters, Air Force Recruiting Service, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 3,100
Primary Aircraft Flown: T-37B, T-38C, F-15C
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 11, 1999
First Lieutenant July 11, 2001
Captain July 11, 2003
Major March 1, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel September 1, 2014
Colonel February 1, 2023
(Current as of February 1, 2023)