Chief Master Sgt. Antonio J. Goldstrom is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Recruiting Service, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. As the senior enlisted leader, Chief Goldstrom executes the commander’s intent and is responsible for advising on all aspects of employment, training, readiness, resilience, and development of recruiters and staff operating from over 1,000 recruiting stations worldwide. The command is responsible for all enlisted accessions, a variety of officer accession programs, and manages strategic communication and marketing for the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Space Force.
Chief Goldstrom entered the Air Force from Las Vegas, Nevada, in November 1993. His diverse support, operational, and joint experience includes a variety of functional and leadership positions at the squadron, group, wing, Joint Staff, Air Staff, and Combined Joint Task Force levels. His assignments include bases in Texas, Washington D.C., Arizona, Korea, and Germany, as well as multiple deployments in direct support of Operations Iraqi Freedom, Inherent Resolve, and hurricane relief operations. Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief, 9th Air Expeditionary Task Force – Levant, and Interim Command Senior Enlisted Leader, Combined Joint Task Force – Operation Inherent Resolve.
1994 Information Management Course, Keesler AFB, Miss. 1998 Airman Leadership School, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2003 Associate in Applied Science, Information Management, Community College of the Air Force
2005 Noncommissioned Officers Academy, Lackland AFB,Texas 2005 Bachelor of Science in Management, National-Louis University 2006 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, By
2007 First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2008 Associate in Applied Science, Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force 2010 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2010 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, by correspondence 2010 Master of Business Administration/Human Resources, Trident University 2011 Professional Manager Certificate, Community College of the Air Force
2013 Cyberspace Superintendent Course, by correspondence
2014 Graduate Certificate, Helping Skills in Human Relations, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Okla. 2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, by correspondence
2016 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Institute for Defense and Business
2016 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas 2016 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Middle East and South Asia Regional Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington D.C.
2019 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
1. March 1994 - March 1996, Information Management Journeyman, 17th Civil Engineer Squadron, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas
2. March 1996 - June 1998,Wing Protocol and Assistant to the Command Chief, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
3. June 1998 - March 2000, Executive Assistant to the Senior Enlisted Advisor, Defense Intelligence Agency, Washington, D.C.
4. March 2000 - May 2001, NCOIC, J2 Support, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
5. May 2001 - April 2004, NCOIC, Air Superiority Division, Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
6. April 2004 - April 2005, Chief, Communications and Information, Air Component Command, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
7. May 2005 - April 2007, NCOIC, Operations Group Computer Help Desk, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
8. April 2007 - July 2007, Superintendent, Operations Group Staff, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
9. August 2007 - September 2008, First Sergeant, 755th Operations Support Squadron and 42nd Electronic Combat Squadron,
Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz. (March 2008 – July 2008, First Sergeant, 43rd Expeditionary Electronic Combat Squadron, Southwest Asia)
10. September 2008 - September 2009, First Sergeant, 563rd Rescue Group, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
11. October 2009 - March 2011, First Sergeant, 435th Construction and Training Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
12. April 2011 - October 2013, First Sergeant, 86th and 786th Force Support Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
13. October 2013 - August 2014, Plans and Resources Flight Chief, 7th Communications Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas
14. September 2014 - May 2015, Squadron Superintendent and Installation Cyberspace Support Functional Manager,
7th Communications Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas
15. June 2015 – October 2017, Group Superintendent, 7th Mission Support Group, Dyess AFB, Texas
(October 2015 – March 2016, Group Superintendent, 1st Expeditionary Rescue Group, Diyarbakir Air Base, Turkey)
16. December 2017 – July 2019, Command Chief, 12th Flying Training Wing, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
17. August 2019 – July 2020, Command Chief, 9th Air Expeditionary Task Force – Levant and Interim Command Senior
Enlisted Leader, Combined Joint Task Force – Operation Inherent Resolve, Southwest Asia
18. August 2020 – Present, Command Chief, Air Force Recruiting Service, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster and “C” device
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
1994 17th Civil Engineer Squadron Airman of the Year
1997 Wing Staff Airman of the Year
1997 Honor Guard Airman of the Year
2003 Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2004 Pacific Command Outstanding Information Management NCO of the Year
2005 Distinguished Graduate, NCO Academy
2005 355th Wing NCO of the Year
2008 563rd Rescue Group First Sergeant of the Year
2010 Distinguished Graduate, Senior NCO Academy
2010 435th Air Ground Operations Wing First Sergeant of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant, June 1, 2015
(Current as of August 2020)