Colonel Layne D. Trosper is the Chief, Plans and Resources Division, Air Force Recruiting Service. He is responsible for all facilities and personnel supporting the worldwide Air Force recruiting mission.
Colonel Trosper graduated from Texas A&M University in 1992 and joined the U.S. Army as a Warrant Officer where he served as a UH-1 pilot at the Joint Readiness Training Center, Fort Polk, Louisiana. In 1998, he was commissioned in the Air Force through Officer Training School and has held a variety of leadership positions in acquisitions, staff, support and recruiting duties.
Prior to his current assignment, he served as the Commander, 372nd Recruiting Group, Hill AFB, Utah, where he was responsible for Air Force recruiting in the Western United States and Pacific region across eight enlisted accessions squadrons and an officer accessions squadron.
1992 Bachelor of Arts, History, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX.
2002 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, AL.
2010 Master of Science, Military Operational Art, Air University, Maxwell AFB, AL.
2010 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, AL.
2014 Air War College, by correspondence.
1. March 1995, Student, Initial Entry Rotary Wing Flight Training, Fort Rucker, Ala.
2. April 1995 – October 1997, UH-1 Pilot, Joint Readiness Training Center, Fort Polk, La.
3. November 1997 – February 1998, Student, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
4. March 1998 – May 1999, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
5. July 1999 – June 2000, Financial Manager, Special Operations Program Office, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. July 2000 – June 2002, Program Manager, AC-130U System Program Office, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. July 2002 – June 2004, Program Manager, E-4B System Program Office, Tinker AFB, Okla.
8. July 2004 – June 2005, Aide-de-Camp, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
9. July 2005 – June 2006, Instructor, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. July 2006 – June 2007, Chief, Standards and Evaluation, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. July 2007 – June 2008, Operations Officer, 29th Student Squadron, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. July 2008 – July 2009, Deputy Program Manager, DCAPES System Program Office, Gunter AFB, Ala.
13. August 2009 – June 2010, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
14. July 2010 – June 2013, Chief, Office of Defense Cooperation, United States Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia
15. July 2013 – April 2014, Training Program Manager, AF Security Assistance Training Squadron, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
16. May 2014 – June 2014, Acting Commander, Air Force Security Assistance Training Squadron, JBSA-Randolph, Texas
17. July 2014 – September 2014, Branch Chief, Saudi Arabia Legacy Training Programs, AF Security Assistance Training Squadron, JBSA-Randolph, Texas
18. October 2014 – April 2015, Deputy Chief and Strategic Basing Officer, Combined Joint Engineering Branch, Resolute Support Headquarters, Afghanistan
19. May 2015 – June 2016, Executive Officer to the Vice Commander, Air Education and Training Command, JBSA-Randolph, Texas
20. June 2016 -– June 2018, Commander, 337th RCS, Shaw AFB, S.C.
21. July 2018 - May 2019, Special Warfare Recruiting Program Manager, Air Force Recruiting Service, JBSA Randolph, Texas
22. June 2019 - June 2020, Chief, Operations Division, Air Force Recruiting Service, JBSA Randolph, Texas
23. July 2020 - present, Commander, 372d Recruiting Group, Hill AFB, Utah
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Feb. 28, 1998
First Lieutenant Feb. 28, 2000
Captain Feb. 28, 2002
Major Aug. 1, 2007
Lieutenant Colonel Jan. 1, 2013
Colonel April 1, 2019
(Current as of Mar 2023)