Col. Robert W. Hebert is the commander, 369th Recruiting Group, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. His area of responsibility includes one Officer Accessions recruiting squadron, one Special Warfare/Combat Support recruiting squadron and eight Enlisted Accessions recruiting squadrons including 20 Military Entrance Processing Stations, 453 geographically separated recruiting offices, a $18.5M annual budget, and 1,022 active duty and civilian personnel dispersed throughout the United States, Caribbean, USAFE, and PACAF regions.
Colonel Hebert enlisted in the Air Force in 1996 and served as a radar technician before he commissioned through the Air Force Officer Training School in 2002. He has served in a variety of nuclear, staff, recruiting and command assignments, and has commanded in AFRS at the flight and squadron levels. Colonel Hebert is a graduate of the Air Force’s School of Advanced Air and Space Studies. His operational experiences include operations Northern Watch and Enduring Freedom.
Prior to his current assignment, he served as Chief, Capabilities Development Division, Air Force Global Strike Command, where he led the MAJCOM’s development of warfighting capabilities and was the AFGSC lead for arms control treaties, counterproliferation, international affairs, and security cooperation policies.
1999 Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Langston University, Langston, Okla.
2003 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Masters of Public Affairs, Park University, Parkville, Mo.
2006 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Distinguished Graduate, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Masters of Military Operational Art and Science, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 Masters of Philosophy in Military Strategy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2020 National Defense Fellow, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University, Medford, Mass.
1. January 1996 - February 2002, Enlisted, AWACS Radar Journeyman, Tinker AFB, Okla.
2. March 2002 - September 2002, Student, Missile Initial Qualification Training, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
3. September 2002 - August 2006, Missile Combat Crew Commander, Stan/Eval Senior Crew, 90th OG, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
4. August 2006 - August 2010, Flight Commander, 344th Recruiting Squadron, Arlington, Texas
5. August 2010 - August 2013, Executive Officer/Chief, Commander’s Action Group Chief, AFNWC, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
6. August 2013 - July 2014, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. July 2014 - June 2015, Student, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 2015 - June 2017, Joint planner, J-5, Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
9. June 2017 - June 2019, Commander, 343rd Recruiting Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
10. July 2019 - June 2020, National Defense Fellow, Tufts University, Medford, Mass.
11. June 2020 July 2021, Chief, Capabilities Development Division, A5/8, AFGSC, Barksdale AFB, La.
12. July 2021 – Present, Commander, 369th Recruiting Group, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2015 – June 2017, Joint Planner, J-5, Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Operations Deterrence Medal with “N” device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant March 1, 2002
First Lieutenant March 1, 2004
Captain March 1, 2006
Major Jan. 1, 2012
Lieutenant Colonel Nov. 1, 2016
Colonel March 1, 2021
(Current as of 7 July 2021)