Lieutenant Colonel Samuel D. Schindler is the commander, 330th Recruiting Squadron, San Antonio, Texas. He commands a team of 124 Special Warfare recruiters who scout, develop, and guide future Special Warfare and Combat Support Airmen to their combat calling. The 330th Recruiting Squadron is the largest squadron within Air Force Recruiting Service and its mission spans the entire country.
Lt. Col. Schindler was born in Kimball, Nebraska. He enlisted in the Air Force in 1995 as a combat control specialist and commissioned via Officer Training School in February 2006. He has served in a variety of special warfare assignments. Prior to his current position, he served as the director of operations, 26th Special Tactics Squadron at Cannon Air Force Base, N.M.
2003 Associates of Applied Science, Airway Management, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Associates of Applied Science, Industrial Management Technology, Okaloosa-Walton College, Fla.
2004 Bachelor of Science, Professional Aeronautics w/ Safety Certificate, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Fla.
2006 Basic Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Air Space Basic Course (Outstanding Contributor), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Navy Special Warfare Platoon Leader Course (SOS Equivalent), Little Creek, Va.
2012 Masters of Science, Leadership and Management, Webster University, Mo.
2019 Air Command and Staff College (Correspondence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. Oct. 1995 – March 1996, Student, Combat Control Indoctrination Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. Oct. 1996 - May 1997, Student and Combat Control apprentice pipeline training
3. May 1997 - Feb. 2002, Combat Control Craftsman, 23 Special Tactics Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
4. March 2002 - Nov. 2005, Instructor & Flight NCOIC, Advanced Skills Training, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
5. Nov. 2005 - Feb. 2006, Student, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
6. Feb. 2006 - Feb. 2007, Assistant Director of Operations, 720th Operations Support Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
7. June 2007 - June 2008, Chief Weapons and Tactics, 720th Operations Support Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
8. June 2008 - June 2009, Team Leader, 23rd Special Tactics Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
9. June 2009 - Sept. 2011, Flight Commander, 342nd Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
10. Sept. 2011 - May 2013, Chief of Special Tactics Recruiting, 24th Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
11. May 2013 - June 2014, Chief of Future Operations, 720th Operations Support Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
12. June 2014 - Dec. 2016, Flight Commander, 26th Special Tactics Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
13. Dec 2016 - June 2016, Assistant Director of Operations, 26th Special Tactics Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
14. June 2016 - Aug. 2017, Chief, Air to Ground Integration Branch, HQ AFSOC, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
15. Aug. 2017 – June 2020, Director of Operations, 350th Special Warfare Training Squadron, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
16. June 2020 – June 2022, Director of Operations, 26th Special Tactics Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
17. June 2022 - Present, Commander, 330th Recruiting Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Air Force Combat Action Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF RANK:
Airman First Class Oct. 1995
Senior Airman Sept. 1997
Staff Sergeant Jan. 2001
Technical Sergeant July 2004
Second Lieutenant Feb. 2006
First Lieutenant Feb. 2008
Captain Feb. 2010
Major April 2016
Lieutenant Colonel March 2021
(Current as of June 2022)