Lt. Col. Jason M. Wyche is the commander of the 333d Recruiting Squadron, headquartered at Patrick SFB, Fla. As the commander, he is responsible for eight flights and approximately 105 military and civilian personnel throughout central and southern Florida, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, covering an area of 36,000 square miles. He partners with military, civic, educational, and community leaders to generate optimum awareness for Air Force and now Space Force accessions. He is responsible for meeting enlistment contract goals and line officer requirements with high-quality recruits.
Lieutenant Colonel Wyche entered the Air Force in 1995, serving 12 years as an enlisted member before receiving his commission through Air Force ROTC at the University of Texas at El Paso. He has served in a variety of positions throughout his Air Force career; aircraft electrical and environmental systems technician, enlisted accessions recruiter, research engineer at the Air Force Research Lab (AFRL), Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies at Florida State University, Space Mission Design Manager in the DoD Space Test Program, foreign military sales commodity manager during a deployment to Afghanistan in support of Operation Resolute Support, Operations Officer for recruiting efforts in Central/South Florida, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Chief of National Events for Air Force Recruiting Service.
2001 – Associate of Applied Science in Aviation Maintenance, Community College of the Air Force
2002 – Associate of Applied Science in Human Resource Mgmt, Community College of the Air Force
2007 – Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at El Paso
2010 – Master of Science in Computer Engineering, University of Texas at San Antonio
1. Oct. 1995 – Dec. 1998, Electrical and Environmental Systems Technician, 436th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
2. Jan. 1999 – May 2002, EA Recruiter, 367th Recruiting Squadron, Roswell N.M.
3. May 2002 – Aug. 2004, Marketing NCO, 344th Recruiting Squadron, Arlington Texas
4. Aug. 2004 – May 2007, AECP Student, AFROTC Det 505, El Paso Texas
5. May 2007 – July 2011, Research Engineer, Optical Radiation Branch (AFRL), Brooks City-Base Texas
6. July 2011 – July 2015, Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies, AFROTC Det 145, Tallahassee Fla.
7. July 2015 – July 2017, Space Mission Design Manager, SMC/AD, Kirtland AFB N.M.
(Deployed Oct. 2016 – May 2017, Air Commodity Manager, CSTC-A Security Assistance Office)
8. July 2017 – June 2020, Support Flight Commander, 333d Recruiting Squadron, Patrick AFB Fla
9. June 2020– June 2022, Chief, National Events Branch, HQ Air Force Recruiting Service, JBSA-Randolph, Texas
10. June 2022 - Present, Commander, 333d Recruiting Squadron, Patrick SFB, Fla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
AF Good Conduct Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with one device
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon
EFFECTVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant 14 May 2007
First Lieutenant 14 May 2009
Captain 14 May 2011
Major 01 Jan 2017
Lieutenant Colonel 01 Mar 2022