Lieutenant Colonel Megan R. Harencak is the commander, 369th Recruiting Squadron, Encino, California. She leads approximately 95 personnel comprising of six enlisted accession flights and two Military Entrance Processing Stations. The squadron is responsible for Air Force enlisted accessions across 1.8 million square miles covering six counties in California and the USINDOPACOM area of responsibility. The squadron's mission is to inspire, engage and recruit the brightest, most competitive, and diverse men and women for the United States Air Force.
Lt. Col. Harencak entered the Air Force in 2007 through the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program after graduating from Florida State University. Her assignments include Airfield Operations Flight Commander at various locations, Chief of Airspace, and multiple assignments as a Directorate Executive Officer.
Before her current assignment, she was a Staff Officer in the Strategy, Policy and Plans Directorate at North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM) at Peterson Space Force Base, Colorado.
2007 Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Social Science, Florida State University
2007 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2008 Airfield Operations Officer Course, Keesler AFB, Florida
2012 Masters Degree in Airpower Studies, American Military University
2013 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Air Command and Staff College
2022 Air War College
1. May 2007-Jan 2009, Airfield Operations Officer Trainee, 245th Air Traffic Control Squadron, McEntire Joint National Guard Base, Eastover, S.C.
2. Jan 2009-Jan 2010, 245th ATCS, McEntire JNGB, Eastover, S.C. (Deployed Sep-Dec 2009, Airfield Operations Officer, 506th Air Expeditionary Group)
3. Jan 2010-Jan 2012, 3rd Operations Support Squadron, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
4. Jan 2012-Jan 2013, Airfield Operations Flight Commander, 8th Operations Support Squadron, Kunsan AB, South Korea
5. Jan 2013-Mar 2014, 1st Operations Support Squadron, JB Langley-Eustis, Va.
6. Mar 2014-Feb 2015, Chief of Airspace, Detachment 4, JB Langley-Eustis, Va.
7. Feb 2015-Apr 2016, A3 Executive Officer, Air Combat Command, JB Langley-Eustis, Va.
8. Apr 2016-Nov 2018, Airfield Ops Flight Commander, 47th Operations Support Squadron, Laughlin AFB, Texas.
9. Nov 2018-May 2022, J5 Executive Officer & J5 Staff Officer, NORAD and USNORTHCOM, Peterson Space Force Base, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air and Space Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award
Outstanding Unit Award
Air and Space Outstanding Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air and Space Organizational Excellence Award
National Defense Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal with bronze campaign star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Air and Space Overseas Ribbon Long
Air and Space Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Air and Space Longevity Service with two oak leaf clusters
Air and Space Training Ribbon
2012 PACAF Airfield Operations Flight Commander of the Year
2016 AETC Top Operations/Training Support Squadron
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
2nd Lieutenant 13 May 2007
1st Lieutenant 13 May 2009
Captain 13 May 2011
Major 1 January 2017
Lieutenant Colonel 1 February 2022
(Current as of July 2022)