Lieutenant Colonel Adrian A. Zinnerman is the Commander, 362nd Recruiting Squadron, Moreno Valley, Calif. As commander, Lt. Col. Zinnerman leads the recruiting activities of six enlisted accession flights, covering more than 149,000 square miles, with approximately 80 active-duty and civilian personnel. The squadron’s mission is to inspire, engage and recruit the next generation of Airmen and Guardians.
Lt. Col. Zinnerman commissioned through Officer Training School at Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., in 2005. He is a career Program Manager and Engineer and has served in multiple acquisition, operational, and staff assignments.
Prior to his current assignment, he served as the Chief, Joint Requirements Oversight Council Secretariat Branch where he assessed joint military capabilities, prioritized capability gaps, and developed joint requirements recommendations. Lt. Col. Zinnerman directed all administrative planning efforts and provided oversight of key requirements processes allowing the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to fulfill his Title 10 responsibilities.
2005 Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, Fla.
2006 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Aerospace & Defense Master of Business Administration, University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
2018 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. June 2005 – June 2006, Program Manager, Aircraft Guns Program, 782nd Combat Sustainment Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
2. July 2006 – June 2007, Program Manager, Armament International Program, 782nd CSS, Robins AFB, Ga.
3. July 2007 – June 2008, Operations Support Officer/Deputy Program Manager, 560th CSS, Robins AFB, Ga.
4. July 2008 – June 2009, Program Manager, C-130 Modifications, 560th Aircraft Sustainment Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
5. July 2009 – May 2011, Payload Operations Manager, Space Tracking Surveillance System Demonstration, Missile Defense Space Squadron, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
6. June 2011 – January 2013, Program Manager, STSS Advance Technology, Missile Defense Systems Division, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
7. February 2013 – May 2014, Lead Systems Engineer, Special Programs Branch, Directed Energy Directorate, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
8. June 2014 – April 2016, Chief, Wargaming & Simulations Branch, Directed Energy Directorate, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
9. May 2016 – April 2017, Section Commander, Phillips Research Site, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
10. May 2017 – June 2018, Chief, Strategic Programs Division, 12th Air Force (Air Forces Southern), Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
11. July 2018 – June 2020, Deputy Chief, Future Operations Division, 12th AF, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
12. July 2020 – June 2022, Chief, Joint Requirements Oversight Council Secretariat Branch, Directorate for Force Structure, Resources, and Assessment, Joint Staff J-8, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. July 2022 – Present, Commander, 362nd Recruiting Squadron, Air Force Recruiting Service, Moreno Valley, Calif.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATION
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 30, 2005
First Lieutenant June 30, 2007
Captain June 30, 2009
Major January 1, 2016
Lieutenant Colonel July 1, 2020
(Current as of July 2022)